ASUS FX502VM Screen replacement!
- Completely turn off the laptop
- Disconnect the battery (you'll have to open the bottom to do it)
- At the base of the screen, at both opposite sides, there are two stickers. You should remove them gently with something sharp. Underneath you'll see a screw - remove it. Be careful not to scratch the plastic
- After you've removed these two screws, use something like a credit card to separate the screen's bezel from the rest. You might want to use a flat screwdriver or something else. Do it carefully, but you'll probably need to use some force.
- Underneath you'll see the panel. There are probably 6-8 screws that hold it to the skeleton of the screen. Remove them. Do not pull the panel, it is still connected at its base.
- On the other side of the panel you'll see the eDP connection. Usually there is a sticker and some thin metal pole that hold it. Remove the sticker and the pole, then gently pull the connection.
- From there, just do the opposite with the new panel.
Thank you kind sir!
Seems I have everything i need to proceed!
As Junky said.. Remove the 2 screws underneath the squares on the lower front edges. Remove them with a hobby knife (the stickers)
Then remove the bezel with your fingernails from the screen side. Dont use a screwdriver, use your fingernails and it will come off pretty easily.. Just start somewhere on top or sides and take it from there.. Skip parts that wont come loose easy and dont use excessive force. In the end it will come off. The bottom side has a bit of tape/glue, gently pull the bezel free from the underside. I did it on my laptop in about 10-15 minutes and was a very easy job. The spanel itself is connected with a eDP conector that is very easy to (re)attach to the new one. Just make sure you remove the sticker thats over the eDP connector first.
Here's some pics of the operation (Dutch forum, but you'll get the idea). Its about halfway down the thread.
Its well worth it, my new IPS panel is just soo much better than the old TN one.
Thank you so much dennes!
It really helps to know someone has done it on the specefic model easily and has been happy with the result!
Thank you all for all the great help.
Laptop screen has been replaced, it has been a great success, love the new screen, great colors, amazing viewing angles.
Would like to thank all who helped, even made a little video tutorial to serve as a guide for anyone else interested.
It is a worthy update to anyone who has this laptop and highly recommended.