junky
(@junkyadmin)
Member Admin

DumSkidderik, any news?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/08/2017 4:12 am
atomiccelery
(@atomiccelery)

j.soul every screen in every laptop is gsync compatible. Read my post in the earlier pages. If your laptop doesn't have gsync enabled from the manufacturer you will not get a gsync enabled laptop just by swapping the screens

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/08/2017 4:24 am
thalion1138
(@thalion1138)

Hey y'all

I replaced the screen in my fx502vm with one of the ips ones as recommended by others here and just to echo what they said: it's a million times better than the stock TN panel. It took me a couple hours to do as I was way slow and overly careful of breaking the bezel so I took a long time. The angles and colors are way better than stock and it's a huge improvement.

I did happen to notice that the screen sort of bothered my eyes a little bit when I played subnautica and moved around a lot, but I think I got used to it.

Thanks for the info and I would highly recommend anyone else to replace the screen if you use the laptop a lot. It made it significantly easier to see blacks, contrasts especially and overall much better experience.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/08/2017 4:58 am
Muxumus
(@muxumus)

Hello all

I am glad to see that so many people have used this forum to upgrade their FX-502vms! I am including a spreadsheet which i used to make the decision to purchase the fx to help anyone decide if the FX is right for them, it can be modified and im sure the prices are out of date but it has some ratios like dollar per fps and fps per pound that might help someone make a decision.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zueqHILvPZk2GH-rQ2N5oNTAwb0HQ_DquOk6QboBkI0/edit?usp=sharing

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/08/2017 1:04 am
junky
(@junkyadmin)
Member Admin

thalion1138, great to hear! which model did you get? The bothered eyes could be something right - maybe because of higher response times (meaning, refreshes slower) or something else

Muxumus, great stuff, good work! I'm working about something like that for quite some time (I'm very slow with this site, taking everything too personally), but I'm struggling with deciding about the right measurement for performance. Also, prices change. I think I'll do something like a "test suite" for each year or something, to represent the changing of games

If you have any idea, I'll be happy to hear it!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/08/2017 1:48 am
Page 28 / 44
Share: