ASUS FX502VM Screen replacement!
Here is the link to the video.
Brightness works so I can that there are no images at all. I seems to me that after the bios kicks in the display does not work (may be a whitelist for manufacturers).
Also my another theory is the screen is a non compatible one so when the windows sends full HD content it does not work.
As of now I am thinking of returning the screen. I am open to any other suggestions.
Hey guys! I just reoplaced my asus fx502vm screen with a compatible B156HAN04.2 . The exact same happens, it boots and shows the asus screen loading, but after that its just black. I can access bios but after hard rebooting a few times the screen is always black. I disconnected the battery before doing the procedure and still have it disconnected, but no matter what I do I can't get past the asus screen. When I connect it to an external monitor the laptop works fine
- I unplugged laptop battery
- I installed the screen correctly
- When turning on laptop, you can see the Asus Logo and the loading, but when it goes to windows screen goes black
- If I shine a light close to the screen, I can see that the display is on and working, it's just very very very dim.
- I can access Bios, tried turning off fast boot but it didn't work.
- I can plug it to an external monitor and computer works as normal, so I tried manually uninstalling the monitor/display drivers from Device Manager, didn't work
- I tried taking out all eletrictity/static from computer by perforing hard reset and holding the power button for longer than 30 seconds, then 2 minutes, but the problem persists.
- Finally I uninstalled the laptop NVIDIA graphic card drivers with DDU and after restarting computer, the display worked well! But with computer on for 20 minutes, the display is dark again.
-I tried updating to latest nvidia Drivers but that dint work
-Uninstalled Nvidia Drivers, Screen is back working again
- After few minutes, windows seems to install the 1060 GTX Nvidia default drivers by itself, and the screen goes dark again.