Forum

Questions about my ...

Questions about my new Asus ROG  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS
junky
(@junkyadmin)
Member Admin

I am just wondering what kind of games this laptop is capable of running comfortably. New and not too knowledgable about the ins and outs on what is all necessary to run certain games. I know RAM and graphics cards are the main two.

Stats are as follows:

Asus Republic of Gamers

Intel Core i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 GDDR5 @ 4.0GB (128 bit)

12 GB RAM

929GB HD

Thanks for any knowledge you can send my way!

Posted : 28/09/2017 9:08 pm
junky
(@junkyadmin)
Member Admin

Hi!

Have you already bought it or are you considering it?

• If you are considering, then better tell us your preferred and max budget and requirements from the machine
  • If you already have it, then generally a GTX 1050 is good for medium-high graphics settings @ 1080p at acceptable FPSs. It's a low midrange GPU and you can probably find better
ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/09/2017 1:54 am
 Anonymous

It has already been purchased its not mine it is in my family but I have already been told I can use it for gaming purposes when they aren't using it for animation classes.

Games like Fortnite, PUBG, Rainbow Six Siege are my main games personally, and I have my doubts about this laptop playing them in good quality. That's why I was asking in an area that more knowledgeable people can give me some advice.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/09/2017 2:54 am
junky
(@junkyadmin)
Member Admin

From what I remember, PUBG performance is problematic.. even with more powerful GPUs.

Rainbow Six Siege should run pretty well actally and so is Fortnite

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/09/2017 3:03 am
 Anonymous

Awesome thanks for the help!

Do you think an

Intel Core i5-3230M CPU @ 2.6GHz

with 12 GB RAM / 1TB HD

and an NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M.

Probably not nearly as good I would assume, correct? This one is my personal school laptop (more so used as a desk top for home).

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/09/2017 6:14 am
Page 1 / 2
Share: