Replacement screen for HP laptop
I need to replace my damaged HP laptop screen. It is LG branded with the following number at the back of the panel: LP156WH3(TP)(SH). A quick search on eBay returned with This screen in France (which is perfect since I live in EU and it will be shipped fast). My question is can buy this screen or any other (in case I found cheaper) as long as it has that same model number?
- It has a standard 30-pin eDP connection, which means you can go with other 30-pin eDP screens that are much better than the one you have (resolution, colors, contrast).
- The rule is you need a 30-pin eDP screen, with same connection replacement (but they usually all in the same place)
- Check this list for good panels.
- When you buy a panel from eBay/Amazon/whatever make sure you are getting the actual model and not a "compatible" or "replacement" which means they can send you something that will work but can be far away in terms of quality
- Stuff like this will be great: 1, 2
Sorry I forgot to mention that the original screen's max res is 1366 x 768 so I am not sure a FHD panel will work. I once borrowed a FHD screen from my buddy and it did not seem to work properly. I am not really looking for an IPS panel but only one with acceptable colors as the laptop is old and it is not worth buying such an expensive screen for it.
I appreciate your advice but currently I just want a screen with OK quality as I might buy a new laptop soon and am honestly kinda used to 1366 x 768 so I prefer to get one in that res. I have found this one too with a reasonable price. Would it be ok to get it?