Notifications
Clear all

Some doubts before purchase my new laptop  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS
LuisferVM
(@luisfervm)

Hello junky.

So, I've been looking for a new laptop for a couple of months to replace my super-old toshiba satellite (like 6 years old). My first option is an Asus N550JV non-touch edition, one of my friends bought it and it's perfect for what I need, mostly graphic design, video edition, and 3D modeling and of course moderate gaming. This laptop is $800 in B&H and $740 on Amazon Warehouse Deals, both used; but according to them fully tested, work perfect and with all accessories undamaged.

My 2 questions are:

I trust in B&H but I would prefer to spend less in my laptop, and $60 in these times its a lot to me hahaha.

1. Can I trust Amazon Warehouse Deals, I've been reading lots of reviews and most are positive, but as always, some negative. I also read that AWD have an excellent  return policy if the item have problems with no shipping charges.

The real problem here is that I don't live in the US, so the return policy isn't for me. I will use a local courier to bring me my item. So if my item from AWD is damaged and/or useless, I would end with $740 less in my account and a useless item.

Should I go with the $800 Asus in B&H? or should I risk more and save $60 with AWD?

Thanks, and sorry for the long post.

Posted : 18/07/2014 8:36 am
junky
(@junkyadmin)
Member Admin

Well, first of all - you'd probably pay tax VAT and shipping, no? Are you ok with that?

Secondly, you can go with other stuff, like the Acer V7:

https://www.glj.io/acer-v7-582pg-6854-gaming-laptop-1080p-ips-gt-750m/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/07/2014 4:46 pm
LuisferVM
(@luisfervm)

Yes, my local courier is going to make all of that tedious process.

Cool acer, but is currently out of stock D:, too late for me I think.

How much time does it take to re-stock, if they are gonna re-stock the item? The purchase must be done this weekend, according to my courier.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/07/2014 4:51 am
junky
(@junkyadmin)
Member Admin

I'm not sure it will be restocked..

How about the Q550LF?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/07/2014 10:03 am
LuisferVM
(@luisfervm)

But I think the 1.80ghz processor isn't enough for me.

I saw your Lenovo IdeaPad Y510 review. I've founded a refurbished one with i7, Nvidia GT750M and 24SSD for $830. I thinks it's great, but a little up for my budget.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/07/2014 4:56 am
Page 1 / 2
Share: